Great blessings to all during these Holidays which memorialize what we hold highest and celebrate what is highest in us all. Spirit’s source, it’s all-encompassing meaning, God the Father, His extensions, His Son (as us), and the Holy Spirit (our guide and His Voice).
So I greet all of you as a humble brother, and offer myself in humility to your service, that we may progress not alone, but together.
Ask of me (or anyone you know who has a little faith) anytime a supplication for the expression of abundance in your life, and in His Holy Name, and using the method he taught, I will know that it is done.
My practice with Science of Mind, which I practiced for a decade prior to studying ACIM is a method of supplication for changes in our experience of the world, taught by Ernest Holmes, was initially inspired by Jesus’ teaching to believe it as thought it’s already done (Mark 11:24):
“𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓, 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔”
You can pray with another person or when you are alone (with the Holy Spirit listening, of course), when you’re ready to believe your request (or that of your prayer partner) is done. Whether you pray with another person in the flesh or not, you have a goal to accomplish that will evidence not only your faith, but your worthiness of an inheritance that but waits for you to claim it.
In my practices, that did evidence my ability to pierce the shared Mind of God, to inject an idea, which then was bound to demonstrate takes advantage of my regular practice of a 5-step method that benefits from different words that suit the situation for the patient, or person requesting prayer.
I follow these 5 steps outlined in SOM:
- Remember what God is… and speak it… say words like “God is the source of all abundance. Expressing fullness at all points everywhere always.” You can add words like: God is the source of love, life, joy, freedom, etc. Wherever there is a perceived need.
- Identify with it… and speak it… with words like these “and I am this One creation, connected to all parts of life through the life that I am”. You are connected to God’s mind because you weren’t created apart from God, and ideas remain with their source. This is a basic idea in ACIM. You can use similar words that clarify that you re-affirm your place in God’s creation.
- Affirm what you or your prayer partner already have that which they are requesting differently, as though they already have it… and speak it… with words like these “so I know that _name_ now has” (fill in the blank) examples: perfect health, happy relationships, plenty of cash, and freedom to express their most fantastic story line.
- Give thanks. Speak it like this: “and so I’m grateful for this _request being completed_ “…with gratitude your prayer can be released.
- Release it with words like these: “I now release this word to the law of God knowing that it’s done as a I speak it, and so it is.” (because you need to turn all your problems over to God, and trust instead of be insecure)